Thursday, January 20, 2011

Your Deceased Husband...

I am always amazed at how people talk to me about my husband.  From the very beginning, I've gotten comments like "what was it like to watch your husband die?"  Really?  You want to know that?  That comment came on my first day back to work.  And then you have someone call you and ask you if your husband is dead.  That came in a phone call just three days after he died.  Not, I'm sorry for your loss, but IS HE DEAD?  Today, someone who knew that my husband was a video game fanatic, was talking to me about some new, fun toy that he had purchased, and he said, "I know your deceased husband loved to play games."  No kidding!  As if I didn't know that my husband was deceased.  I am aware of that every single day of my life.  He's still my husband, deceased or not.  Sometimes you have to laugh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment